RE: [nv-l] ATM problem

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] ATM problem
From: DSullinger@dot.state.az.us
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:15:08 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:45:07 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Ok, this is getting more interesting all the time.  Here's the 411:

- The Hub router that our ATM circuit is connected to is a Nortel BCM.
- The ATM is a OC3 to many T1 Frame Relay sites
- The ATM interface on the BCM has a IP address for the ATM service record,
but not for the interface
- When we do a demand poll, it shows that there is not an IP address for the
ATM interface
- If you send a ping to the hub router from the Netview GUI, the circuit
turns black and shows it's up for approx 3 minutes
- If you then do a QuckTest to the hub router, the circuit than shows red
and says it's down

Here's the question, what has happened between version 6 and 7 regarding
discovery process?  How has this changed?  And why only with our ATM
circuits?